Adopt Without Debt

One thing that Jason and I really hope is that we can adopt a child without incurring any debt.  This seems like an impossible task for a family that works from little more than one income.  A while back I found a resource on Pinterest that I thought might be helpful.  Indeed, it has been so far!  The book is titled, "Adopt Without Debt", by Julie Gumm.
One thing that seemed sensible, and even Biblical, to me was to invite our friends and family to join us in this endeavor.  The Bible is very clear that we are to take care of widows and orphans...but the how is much less clear.  By taking out a loan?  By refinancing our mortgage?  Having fundraisers?  Applying for grants?  Cutting the "fat" on our monthly budget?  The possibilities are numerous.
We are sure, however, that if we are called to do something like this that God will provide a way for us to do it.  This means that I am totally out of control when it comes to securing the funding necessary.  This also means that we are covering everything in prayer, and moving forward with the options that we feel called to.
As I was reading Julie's book there were many, many suggestions as how to fundraise.  A lot of them I thought, "I could do that."  Then I came to one and I said to myself (outloud, because who doesn't do that?), "I WANT to do that!"
So, here it is:  I have bought a canvas and separated into 482 different parcels.  The different pieces of canvas are now for sale!  My sweet momma bought the first 2!  Once you purchase a piece of canvas I will paint it for you (or, if you live close, you can do it), from a selected pallette.  The colour choices will come...my basement is a wreck and I couldn't find it all! 
The parcels look a little like arrows.  I wanted to create a painting that would remind us of how God provided for us and all those special people who helped.  If you'd like to buy a piece of canvas, you can go here and donate $20.  I'm selling them for a set price because we have an end goal in mind--to bring home our child as soon as possible. 
I also say, with all humility and honesty, that I hope you don't feel obligated to give just because I've posted this on my blog.  I want to invite as many people as possible to join us on this new adventure, but I realize that many of you won't want to, or are unable to give financially.  THAT IS OK.  If you'd rather not give in that way, then please join us in praying for this entire process.
As the pieces of the painting fill in with colour, I will be sure to post updates.  I can hardly wait to see the masterpiece He is creating! 

Comments

Laura said…
What a great idea! I'm excited to see how God is going to work through this adventure and am already anticipating meeting the newest Ashley!

Popular Posts